Apple TV. Now there’s always something good on TV.
Everything you want to see and hear — films, TV programmes, your music, photos and sport — plays wirelessly on your HDTV via Apple TV.
1080p HD content.
Rent films in top-quality 1080p HD from the iTunes Store.
Play content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your HDTV.1 Watch movies, play music, show off your videos and photos — even show what's on your screen to enjoy games, web pages, and more
Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, MLB and more.
Play films from Netflix, browse videos from YouTube and Vimeo, and see live MLB games, scores, stats and more
- Apple single-core A5 chip
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
- iTunes Store account for renting films and buying TV programmes
- Netflix account for streaming Netflix content
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
- MLB.TV subscription required to watch live and archived games
Ports and Interfaces
- HDMI x 1
- Optical Audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio formats Supported
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse.